We are excited to introduce our new CBD Hydrosols made from Certified Organic plant cellular water and Full Spectrum Water-soluble CBD.
Water is medicine.
Hydrosols are cellular plant waters from living plants that taste, smell and offer therapeutic properties. These plant waters are infused with nutritious minerals and fatty acids, which make the waters dynamic and vibrant. The word Hydrosol is a chemistry term meaning “water solution.” It is derived from the latin word Hydro, meaning water, and So, for “solution.” In the world of aromatherapy, hydrosols are also know as hydrates, floral waters, and plant waters. Hydrosols do not come just from flowers though. They also can be made from roots, branches, bark, wood, needles and leaves, even fruits and seeds.
Plant life force in every drop
A hydrosol is the fluid that was flowing through the plant cells when the plant was collected. Known as distillates they are co-produced during the steam or hydro-distillation process. These cellular waters are the life force of the plant in liquid form. The essential oil micro-drops, give the distillates their scent and aromatic therapy, and the plant components give the hydrosol its herbal/therapeutic effect.
Calm, cool and collective
Our hydrosols are distilled using fresh organic plant material and are infused with full spectrum water-soluble hemp extract (CBD), which adds antioxidants and has powerful anti-inflammatory properties. Water-soluble CBD has a higher concentration of bioavailability, meaning that the CBD molecules from water-soluble CBD are more “compatible” with water and absorb into the body faster. That’s because our bodies are made up of 60% water. These nano micro-sized particles ensure that our bodies absorb as much of the non-psychoactive cannabinoid as possible.
For the outside and the inside—different ways to use your CBD Hydrosol
CBD Hydrosols can be used both topically and internally. They are gentle waters and are a profound way to experience and appreciate the life force of the plants.
Here are a few ways to use your hydrosol:
- Spray on your face before you put on your facial oil. Anytime your face feels dry or stressed a hydrosol can bring relief. Hydrosols misted on the face before applying a facial serum will help the skin stay moist longer while balancing the overall condition and texture.
- Hydrosols can be applied to a cotton ball or a eco-friendly face pad for relieving puffy eyes or as healing compresses.
- Used to reduce inflammation orally or on the skin.
- Use it to make a paste with your powdered facial mask.
- Spray them on your face, neck, and hands to ease menopause.
- Hydrosols can be used a linen mist to gently scent bedding and to reduce stress and aid sleep relaxation.
- Spray it in your mouth to help treat ulcers, gum infections. Hold for 45 to 60 seconds. Then spit the water out.
- Spray a few pumps in your mouth for a moment of chill.
- Use a hydrosol to flavor water or other beverages. Just add 2 tablespoons of hydrosal to one liter of water.
- Spray your hydrosol onto your pillow at night for a relaxed.
- Spray on your salad for a fresh taste of florals.
- Use hydrofoils in your crystal cleansing. Hydrosols add a powerful aspect to cleansing your crystals and you may find that cleansing will actually take less time in plant waters than spring water.
Hydrosols are produced in traditional alembic copper stills, like the little one we have in our shop.
Here are just a few of our Hydrosols
Blue Chamomile not only soothes the skin, but it grounds the spirit and calms the soul. It is energetic and calming, and offers comfort when you are feeling anxious. Blue Chamomile is gentle and can be used for many compromised skin conditions. This is a nice hydrosol to use as a compress, sprayed directly on the skin or even your pillow at night.
Aroma: Its scent is green herbal, cool and sweet like the aroma of chamomile tea.
Rose Geranium renews the skin, lifts the spirit and balances the body. It has been called “the best friend of the skin” and is suitable for all ages and any skin types. Rose Geranium is wonderful at attracting needed moisture to dehydrated skin and holding it there. It can be used as a makeup remover, to soothe overheated and irritated skin, as an after-shave and to clean cuts and scrapes. We love a few sprays of this in the mouth to bring us heart-centered.
Aroma: Sweet, green, leafy-rosy aroma with a fruity/minty undertone; has a sweet rosy drydown.
Tulsi purifies the skin, nourishes the spirit and balances the chakras. It is a sacred plant of India favored by lord Krishna who used it to produce detachment, faith and devotion – it opens the heart to bring harmony to the mind and is emotionally strengthening when suffering fear or sadness. Tulsi Hydrosol is extremely calming for the stomach and also has a balancing effect on the autonomic nervous system. In states of stress, Tulsi Hydrosol can quickly bring a sense of calm.
Aroma: Soft, slightly green, fresh, sweet anise/licorice-like aroma.
Frankincense is a powerful tree resin that has been used by humankind for nearly 5,000 years. This sacred substance was more precious than gold in ancient times. Frankincense has been extensively used for a number of health purposes in Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine since 500 BC, from fading scars to fighting premature aging in skin.
This potent hydrosol is used in skin care recipes, meditation, energy work, fragrance blends, and other aromatherapy preparations.
Aroma: A sweet and woody scent with notes of lemon.
Calendula Hydrosol is a soothing and mildly sweet. It’s the sunny herb that is said to encourage cheerfulness and spread joy, but also a healing herb that has been valued for centuries for its rejuvenating properties.
Calendula encourages new tissue to grow, and this healing herb is also effective in treating minor burns, including sunburn. Calendula has been used to relieve many types of skin conditions that may cause dry, itchy, or irritated areas.
Aroma: A delicately sweet and warm scent, somewhat earthy.