The heat is settling in, and with the summer solstice barely behind us, these hot days aren’t going anywhere soon.
When the sun beats down, we start feeling flushed and feisty (and not in a cute way). Add hot flashes to the mix, and cooling off becomes a major priority. Fortunately, with an herbalist in-house, we know all about the herbs that can help lower body heat and soothe nerves naturally, including cooling raspberry leaf and calming hemp. These herbs, among others, work beautifully in the crave-worthy, healthy popsicle recipe, below, which also features two of our Make & Mary signature products (although feel free to swap in your own tea and omit the full-spectrum oil if you don’t have them on-hand!)
These popsicles keep us afloat during heatwaves and summer garden parties, and you can even add a bit of booze for an adults-only version!
This healthy popsicle recipe includes our calming and nurturing loose-leaf Empress Tea. The hand-mixed blend embodies a variety of herbs known to bring the body, mind, and spirit back into balance so you can crush the day (even in the sweaty heat!).
We all know that hot, agitated feeling when the warm weather is getting the best of us, so we choose to manage it from the inside out. The bright and floral Empress Tea includes raspberry leaf, peppermint, rose, and hemp - refreshing, organic botanicals that subtly but powerfully calm rising inner temperatures. Peppermint’s volatile oils disperse an invigorating chill throughout the body while rose brings a cooling energy that mellows out frazzled nerves.
Since many of these herbs are also great for supporting hormones during a person’s cycle, we highly recommend whipping up this delicious, healthy popsicle recipe during your moon time or peri-menopause.
While the Empress Tea does a bang-up job of independently supporting our internal temperatures, we love to take this recipe over the top by adding a bit of our Inner Beauty Tincture. This powerful extract joins the Empress Tea in balancing your body’s system, but it’s solely responsible for adding the finishing touches to your daily radiance. Herbs such as red clover, burdock root, and full-spectrum C B D extract work together to nourish the body, get the lymphatic system moving, and promote a healthy stress response.
Empress Popsicle Recipe with Blueberries & Coconut
This recipe is dangerously easy, so don’t be surprised if it ends up being your cool down go-to. Yield: 6 popsicles
2 tablespoons of Make & Mary’s The Empress Tea loose-leaf blend
1 1/4 cups water
1 cup fresh, organic blueberries (or try with another fruit!)
½ cup organic coconut milk (or another milk of your choice)
3 tablespoons maple syrup or natural sweeteners (less or more to taste)
1 dropperful (1 ml) Make & Mary’s Inner Beauty Tincture* (~ 4mg of C B D per popsicle)
- Steep the Empress Tea in just-boiled water for 20 to 30 minutes, covered. Strain the liquid from the herbs and set the tea aside to cool completely before moving on to the next step.
- In a blender, combine the blueberries with 3 tablespoons of steeped Empress Tea. Blend until you have a thick purée. Divide the blueberry purée evenly amongst your popsicle molds, reserving approximately 2 tablespoons for the end.
- Add the remaining Empress Tea, coconut milk, maple syrup, and Inner Beauty Tincture to the blender and blend well. (Using a blender will help fully disperse the oil-based tincture with the other liquids so they don't separate.)
- Pour your liquid blend evenly among the popsicle molds, leaving approximately ½-inch at the top of each mold so the popsicle can expand.
- Top each popsicle with a dollop of the remaining blueberry purée. To create a marbled look, use a chopstick to gently swirl together the milky tea blend with the blueberry layers. (It helps to do this again after the popsicles have been in the freezer for about 30 minutes and have started to set.)
- Add your popsicle sticks into the molds and freeze for approximately 6 hours. To remove popsicles, run the popsicle part of the mold under warm water for just a few seconds. Your popsicles should slide right out. Enjoy!
Herbs are incredible allies for the hot weather as they can ease us through those rundown and temperamental feelings. And what better way to include their nourishing support than having some fun with a healthy popsicle recipe?
If you try out the recipe, we’d love to hear about it! Send us your thoughts or tag us on Instagram (@themakeandmary) so we can all enjoy your awesome popsicle creations together.
Stay cool. ;)